JAMAS Capital Management is proud to announce its 2020/2021 “Ben Turnage Entrepreneurial Spirit of Mississippi Scholarship” in the amount of $2,500. This scholarship is designed to support students who are interested in eventually starting and running a business and/or pursuing a career in investing in early to mid-stage companies.
At JAMAS Capital Management, we believe that young leaders are capable of innovation and creative new approaches to all aspects of business, including capital investment. We believe that young leaders come from a unique culture, not currently seen in today’s business world, and that combined with their own personal experiences should allow them to be successful in designing, launching, financing, and/or running a business. Our hope is that by easing the financial burden of secondary education, specifically at the University of Mississippi, we will see a brighter, more innovative future for young, entrepreneurial oriented professionals. That is why we are proud to present the $2,500 “Ben Turnage Entrepreneurial Spirit of Mississippi Scholarship” to a deserving student to be applied toward an education at the University of Mississippi.
Applications are due by midnight Eastern Standard Time on December 15, 2020. This year’s scholarship recipient will be announced by February 15, 2021.
- You must be currently enrolled in the School of Business Administration (either undergraduate or graduate) at the University of Mississippi or have been accepted into the school. Your focus should be on Entrepreneurship.
- You must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale or equivalent.
- You must submit a copy of your transcript, your completed application, and your essay by using our online form (see below).
To qualify for the “Ben Turnage Entrepreneurial Spirit of Mississippi Scholarship”, please submit a 500-1,000-word essay on one of the following topics:
- In your own words, what makes a business degree from the University of Mississippi more valuable than a degree from another institution?
- What are the most important issues facing entrepreneurs in today’s business environment?
- Describe how your experiences have prepared you to be successful as an entrepreneur and/or investor in today’s business environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the “Ben Turnage Entrepreneurial Spirit of Mississippi Scholarship”, please complete our online application by clicking below.